BROKE: Hardship and Resilience in a City of Broken Promises, by Jodie Adams Kirshner. (St. Martin’s, $28.99.) Kirshner, an expert in bankruptcy law, applies a scholar’s deep understanding and a novelist’s eye for detail to the largest municipal bankruptcy in American history, Detroit in the 2010s.
- Broke Wins Tillie Olsen Award for Creative Writing
- Author Conversation for 2020 Michigan Notable Book Prize
- Interview on PIX11 Evening News on $600 Unemployment Supplement
- Broke one of Bridge Magazine’s “Thirteen Michigan Books to Get You Through the Stay-At-Home Order”
- Op-Ed Contribution: Mitch McConnell Has No Idea What Bankruptcy Actually Means