BROKE: Hardship and Resilience in a City of Broken Promises, by Jodie Adams Kirshner. (St. Martin’s, $28.99.) Kirshner, an expert in bankruptcy law, applies a scholar’s deep understanding and a novelist’s eye for detail to the largest municipal bankruptcy in American history, Detroit in the 2010s.
- Broke one of Bridge Magazine’s “Thirteen Michigan Books to Get You Through the Stay-At-Home Order”
- Op-Ed Contribution: Mitch McConnell Has No Idea What Bankruptcy Actually Means
- Contribution to Niskanen Center Think Tank
- Broke in New York Journal of Books
- Broke one of ‘Michigan’s Best’ – 20 New Books to Add to Your Reading List This Year