BROKE: Hardship and Resilience in a City of Broken Promises, by Jodie Adams Kirshner. (St. Martin’s, $28.99.) Kirshner, an expert in bankruptcy law, applies a scholar’s deep understanding and a novelist’s eye for detail to the largest municipal bankruptcy in American history, Detroit in the 2010s.
- Kresge and Lumina Foundations Join ECMC in Funding Next Book (Tentative Title: After a Generation of Dreams)
- Broke Reviewed by Detroit Free Press’s John Gallagher in Michigan Historical Review
- Boston Globe Op-Ed: Low-Income Students Need Bold Solutions
- Feature Article in Washington Monthly
- Op-ed in The Hill on New Research