BROKE: Hardship and Resilience in a City of Broken Promises, by Jodie Adams Kirshner. (St. Martin’s, $28.99.) Kirshner, an expert in bankruptcy law, applies a scholar’s deep understanding and a novelist’s eye for detail to the largest municipal bankruptcy in American history, Detroit in the 2010s.
- New Los Angeles Times Op-Ed on Higher Education
- New Op-ed In The Atlantic Previewing My Forthcoming Book, After A Generation of Dreams
- New Feature Article in Washington Monthly
- Kresge and Lumina Foundations Join ECMC in Funding Next Book (Tentative Title: After a Generation of Dreams)
- Broke Reviewed by Detroit Free Press’s John Gallagher in Michigan Historical Review